Livestream channel

Monday, March 4, 2013

Day 10 and stiiiiiiiiiillllll goin


Some stuff from today yay! I wanna take the environment in the Deathstroke piece at the bottom to it's full potential. So prepare for some studies of cities and cars. And bitches. Don't forget the bitches.

So earlier today I watched part 1 of the Massive Black video of Brad Rigney and the extra where he showed his progression through older pieces of artwork. I learned a lot from watching it even though I've seen it before a couple times. I'm so sorry to those that can't get the demo anymore, for some reason Massive Black doesn't sell the video anymore. The top post here is me experimenting with his various techniques. It's something I've wanted to do for awhile now and it was very helpful. The demo also made me realize how awful my knowledge of anatomy is. It's something you don't often see in some of Brad's recent digital work, but in more of his traditional works his anatomy really stands out and is done so beautifully. It inspired me to add it in to my weekly schedule, because as you can obviously see below my anatomy is... not good. Also, the metal technique he uses is amazing and I have a much much much better understanding of how he does it and how to apply it to my own works (which I plan on using in this Deathstroke piece I'm doing below).

I also tried a new way to study figures today which is by starting with a black background and only painting using B&W with no linework which I am definitely not used to. It was helpful but it was so difficult and I hated every moment of it ha. Anyway, I'm going to go to bed now and tomorrow I'll be back to studying. Sorry for the short post :P

gnight <3





No comments:

Post a Comment